For this years Benchmark Analysis on Online Annual Reportíng we decided to again widen our geographical focus. In order to get a better understanding for the current state of affairs in this core area of corporate communication we now included Companies listed within OMX Nordic 40.
This index includes 40 big cap companies from Sweden, Denmark and Finland. A good start for covering Scandinavian market within the Nexxar Benchmark Analysis 2010 – which now compares online reporting of more than 500 campanies across Europe and North America. I will post more on this outcome later in July, for now I would like to just focus on the first litmus test of the Scandinavian market.
Development of format offered within OMX Nordic 40:
- PDF – nothing else than the PDF file of the report can be downloaded [2010: 22,5%]
- JPG show – a 1:1 copy of the printed report pages are converted into JPG/images offering a flip through this image gallery [2010: 37,5%]
- Hybrid HTML – parts of the report are converted into HTML, others (eg Notes) are included as PDF download [2009: 5,0 %]
- HTML – the content is fully converted into HTML [2009: 35,0 %]
Honestly those results took me by surprise. Several meetings in Stockholm/Copenhagen and Malmö within the last five years together with constantly keeping an eye on those companies websites gave me the impression that HTML reports are not highflying anytime soon. But the above shown result proves the opposite. Full HTML conversion of Annual Reports is increasingly becoming the first choice for Scandinavian big cap companies!
Three of those full HTML reports I would like to draw your attention to:
- Alfa Laval offering a very well balanced report with interactive charts and a good search tool. http://annualreport2009.alfalaval.com/en
- Wärtsilä with lots of useful page tools and Excel downloads of tables! http://www.annualreport2009.wartsila.com
- Novozymes including interactive charts into a compelling webdesign. http://report2009.novozymes.com/